Recently installed DM-100 OBD + AFR Module

Moderators: PLXSupport_PM, PLXSupport_DF, PLXSupport_PL, PLXSupport_TO

Re: Recently installed DM-100 OBD + AFR Module

Postby BRWRX » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:38 am

I would really like to fix my background soon.... But that zip file after unzipped does not run on windows (opens the Internet to locate a program to open the file)
BRWRX
User

Postby BRWRX » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:39 am

What do I do?????
BRWRX
User

Postby PLXSupport_TO » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:28 am

Perhaps your download did not complete. Please try downloading again. This piece of software is the only way for you to resolve your issue unless you send the unit back to PLX.
TO
PLX Support
www.plxdevices.com
PLXSupport_TO
Site Admin

Postby BRWRX » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:48 am

Will try again this afternoon.
BRWRX
User

Postby BRWRX » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:47 am

But from what I remember I am pretty sure it completely downloaded.... No way I can send this back as I am in Brasil, will cost me removal, install labor and shipping. I hope I can get it fixed. :-) that file contains a self running utility? .exe?
BRWRX
User

Postby PLXSupport_TO » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:12 pm

Yes. The ZIP file contains a *.exe program that will install on your computer. I have made certain by installing the program from the link denoted in this thread to a brand new Windows 7 OS. No issues were found.
TO
PLX Support
www.plxdevices.com
PLXSupport_TO
Site Admin

Postby BRWRX » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:53 am

Perfect. That gives me peace of mind now. I got scared when you mentioned to send the unit back as I am all the way in Brazil! :O. I should have time to play with it and get it fixed today. Thanks once again.
BRWRX
User

Postby BRWRX » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:42 pm

Ok. I am running the application now. I can't seem to restore my black background. Can you please give me a step by step on how to do this? All the tries I did the PLX gauge says connected erasing pls wait and NEVER gets out of this screen. This is frustrating.
BRWRX
User

Postby BRWRX » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:48 pm

It is not giving me the option to upload background. After I unzip I click on setup.exe then it installs what seems to be a regular DM100 utility (same one available on your website) then I notice there are two programs DM-100_200 Utility and DM-100_200 Utility_2_1_0_3 - After the setup.exe installs it, I can't open the program from inside the folder I downloaded and it will only open the DM-100 Utility from my start menu. Please tell me exactly how I need to here and WHICH of the images I need to upload ................ Thanks.
BRWRX
User

Postby BRWRX » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:59 pm

No go with Windows 7 ... I pick the album.abm file and then under the upload menu it gives me the following options

1) Upload Wallpapers (8 frames)
2) Custom Gauge (100 frames)
3) Animation (84 frames)
4) Sensor Table

Let me know what I need to do, but when I chose upload animation, the program gives me a running error and never completes and the gauge stays on the CONNECTED ERASING PLS WAIT . screen and won't do anything.
BRWRX
User

Postby BRWRX » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:06 pm

Program not responding error on Windows 7 ... Which version is the special utility compatible with? I need to get this fixed. HELP!
BRWRX
User

Postby BRWRX » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:10 pm

Both utilities giving me errors the one from your website to load custom gauges and the one I downloaded here. Program not responding, I can't upload the custom gauge, can't restore my backgrounds NOTHING. And the gauge doesn't exit the CONNECTED ERASING PLS WAIT . screen :(

What now?
BRWRX
User

Postby BRWRX » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:39 pm

I got an upload success message, but my backgrounds are still white. The only thing that changed is when I get to the menu that starts with graphic, numeric, plot, 4 param ... this changed now, but how do I get the background on the first 5 screens black again? I am missing boot splsh screen options *they all show up white* and under the graphic if I go all the way down with the down button it won't allow me to change the wallpaper ... what am I missing?
BRWRX
User

Postby BRWRX » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:12 pm

I am going to summarize what needs to be done to fix everything.

Download the Special Utility posted here. Unzip it. You will see the setup.exe file - BEFORE clicking on it, RIGHT CLICK it and chose run as administrator - the utility will install. Then click on the setup.exe AGAIN under the same folder where you originally downloaded everything. The special utility will open. Click open file and then pick the album file posted here and then pick the album.abm file and chose upload animation. It will start (takes a while) ONLY close the program after the PLX gauge shows upload success message (even if it says program not responding, watch the gauge as it will show an image)

After loading this file you must go to http://www.plxdevices.com/support/background_anim.html and download the Standard Backgrounds for the DM-100/200 and DM-100/200 OBD II Multi Gauges then run the utility again chose the file back.abm and select upload wallpapers. DONE restored it all.

Now my question is I can only have one custom gauge at a time saved on the DM-100 OBDII? I loaded the AFR and BOOST (STi), but only one shows now. One at a time???

I am glad I got it working. It's a bit tricky. Feel free to edit this thread and leave the info more organized for future references...............
BRWRX
User

Postby BRWRX » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:15 pm

And last question... if I want the RPM reading to work you mentioned I must leave it on the first parameter correct? If I do this then the numeric will only show RPM? I would like to have RPM, Speed, AFR on the 4 parameter screen and in the near future boost, but would still like the numeric to show the AFR.... not possible? Whatever I want to be in numeric and graph must be under parameter number one?
BRWRX
User

Postby BRWRX » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:53 pm

Under the SM SETUP menu, what are the data poll options for ? logging? and there is also sensor 1 to 4 again there ... what for?
BRWRX
User

Postby PLXSupport_DF » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:21 am

Data polling is for requesting information from your vehicle. Sensor 1 through 4 will need to be set to the parameters you want to obtain from your ECU - for example, RPM, Speed, need to be set for those parameters to be displayed when you scan for sensors.
PLXSupport_DF
Site Admin

Postby BRWRX » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:09 pm

Got it. Now I need to make the USB cable work (I opened a new thread) ... My problems here are solved. Thanks
BRWRX
User

Postby bram » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:05 am

Massive thanks to BRWRX, I had the white background of doom after a failed attempt to upload backgrounds. The procedure above worked for me.
bram
User

Postby bram » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:50 am

If you have multiple DM100s like I do, and you manage to muck them all up, I believe you will need to uninstall the utility, reboot the PC with the next gauge already plugged in (but off), then retry the below procedure for each gauge. ( I believe you need to do it with the gauge plugged in, but off, as when you plug in the gauge, it will automatically instal a driver that wont work.) I could not work it without, rebooting, each time anyways. PITA, but at least Ive got my gauges back to normal.

Also, on 1 of my 3 DM100s the backgrounds came good, but it mysteriously lost its sensor table. The gauge would show AAA0 for its parameters and nothing else. Thankfully the special utility has a sensor table in it that you must instal in the same fashion to recover from that issue.

Hope this can help.

BRWRX wrote:I am going to summarize what needs to be done to fix everything.

Download the Special Utility posted here. Unzip it. You will see the setup.exe file - BEFORE clicking on it, RIGHT CLICK it and chose run as administrator - the utility will install. Then click on the setup.exe AGAIN under the same folder where you originally downloaded everything. The special utility will open. Click open file and then pick the album file posted here and then pick the album.abm file and chose upload animation. It will start (takes a while) ONLY close the program after the PLX gauge shows upload success message (even if it says program not responding, watch the gauge as it will show an image)

After loading this file you must go to http://www.plxdevices.com/support/background_anim.html and download the Standard Backgrounds for the DM-100/200 and DM-100/200 OBD II Multi Gauges then run the utility again chose the file back.abm and select upload wallpapers. DONE restored it all.

Now my question is I can only have one custom gauge at a time saved on the DM-100 OBDII? I loaded the AFR and BOOST (STi), but only one shows now. One at a time???

I am glad I got it working. It's a bit tricky. Feel free to edit this thread and leave the info more organized for future references...............
bram
User

Previous

Return to iMFD Systems