'focus' & 'nirvana' modules spontaneously abort

Moderators: PLXSupport_PM, PLXSupport_DF, PLXSupport_PL, PLXSupport_TO

'focus' & 'nirvana' modules spontaneously abort

Postby gteague » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:55 pm

i'm unable to complete a session in either one of these modules despite what looks to be a good connection the whole time. it gives me an error message that says something like: 'connection was poor for too long' pretty consistently at about 20-30 seconds into it.

also, there is no keyboard in either of the xwave apps, so unable to sign in. but i see someone replied in another thread that is a known issue.

what do the 'a' and 'm' mean at the top of the screen and is '0' an optimum number for each?

thanks,

/guy
gteague
User

Re: 'focus' & 'nirvana' modules spontaneously abort

Postby PLXSupport_DF » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:01 am

gteague wrote:i'm unable to complete a session in either one of these modules despite what looks to be a good connection the whole time. it gives me an error message that says something like: 'connection was poor for too long' pretty consistently at about 20-30 seconds into it.

also, there is no keyboard in either of the xwave apps, so unable to sign in. but i see someone replied in another thread that is a known issue.

what do the 'a' and 'm' mean at the top of the screen and is '0' an optimum number for each?

thanks,

/guy

The A and M refer, respectively, to Attention and Meditation. If it is consistently reading 0 for both of them, that means the XWave is not making a good connection with your head.
PLXSupport_DF
Site Admin

Postby gteague » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:04 pm

hello and tks for the reply. i was going by this info in your sdk/api developers info found here:

http://www.plxwave.com/sdk/GettingStarted.pdf

Code: Select all
Signal Strength Value (0=good, 200=offhead, anything else = poor signal) Attention and
Meditation are only valid when signal is 0.

of course, i gather that what is at the top of the screen i was asking about is not the signal strength value.

but i am not consistently seeing '0's there, i am usually seeing approx 41/73 and i do not see it going to zero before i get the error message. and in the first module with the circle and the bar graph and the percentage meters i very rarely see a loss of signal, just in the two modules i mentioned. and why would they so consistently abort at 20-30 seconds if it was an intermittent connection problem--that doesn't seem to make sense.

thanks,

/guy
gteague
User

Postby gteague » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:34 pm

i just ran another test using nirvana module. i cleaned thoroughly before starting and the signal stayed 'good' and green light lit with 'A' above 30-35 and 'M' above 50 for 47 seconds before i got the abort error. it says:

'session aborted. got bad signal for too long.'

i repeated the test with 'focus' and again, green light the whole time, and the status 'good' also. 'A' dropped to 20 once and to 24 once very briefly and early in the session, but mostly stayed above 40. session aborted at 70 seconds with the same error message as above.

if these modules are receiving a bad or intermittent signal, they are not notifying the user of that fact.

thanks,

/guy
gteague
User

Postby gteague » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:41 pm

gteague wrote:<del>

if these modules are receiving a bad or intermittent signal, they are not notifying the user of that fact.

thanks,

/guy

just to be clear, the sessions are aborting when the A/M is 35/41, the Signal is Good, and the Green Connected light is lit.

/guy
gteague
User

Postby PLXSupport_PM » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:21 am

during our testing that consistently show good signal, the Apple device was held firmly in hand (without any cases on the Apple device). We found that any type of wire conducting electrical signal near the user would cause signals to drop (USB cables, cell phone chargers, etc). However, the software should give you at least 10 seconds to regain a good signal, assuming you notice it go to "bad".
PLXSupport_PM
Site Admin

Postby gteague » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:23 pm

so you seem to be saying that if the iphone was too close to an electromagnetic field (perhaps a computer?) it might spontaneously abort the session without alerting the user that there was anything wrong with the connection?

i will try the next test by moving out of any obvious electromagnetic fields.
gteague
User

Return to XWave