Too early brought to market???

Moderators: PLXSupport_PM, PLXSupport_DF, PLXSupport_PL, PLXSupport_TO

Too early brought to market???

Postby Ingeltje » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:22 am

I read all posts on this forum and have one big question: is there anyone apart from the moderators/ PLX developers that has the PLX headset functioning properly and stable?
In November 2010 I bought 2 of them. One doesn't function at all. Period. The other one works sometimes, without me being able to detect a pattern in it so far. Alcohol cleaning of device and forehead, 20 cm from phone charger or 10 meter, at home or at the university, reload software: it just doesn't make any difference. Sometimes I can for instance raise the ball and sometimes I suddenly get Poor Signal in the middle of the session. Most of the time it takes forever before I get a Good Signal at alll. Moving the wire at phone jack a little bit sometimes helps. Shaking my head sometimes helps too. It might be just coincidental. It might be that there are lose contacts/ bad soldering joints inside (like in the one that didn't work at all and that I opened up to see what was inside). It might be that the design of the hardware itself sucks. I really wouldn't know. Very frustrating indeed, especially since the PLX support seems to consist of telling that we should wipe our foreheads, ask NeuroSky and wait for fixes.
But if the hardware is so unreliable, how much trust should one have in the results?
Did anyone test the device's readings properly now? I saw a while ago that EEG_Expert was going to do so, but never heard of that since. I would be really interested in seeing some objective test results!
Ingeltje
User

Re: Too early brought to market???

Postby verakot » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:37 pm

Any updates on this since Feb 2010?
verakot
User

Re: Too early brought to market???

Postby verakot » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:37 pm

I meant to say since Feb 24, 2011?
verakot
User