Disapointed with the device

Moderators: PLXSupport_PM, PLXSupport_DF, PLXSupport_PL, PLXSupport_TO

Disapointed with the device

Postby Zenmaster » Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:45 am

I'm very disapointed with the device.
It is definitely not working as advertised.
I don't know if it is hardware or software related. I read that the software would be updated to deal with all the issues but i never seen updates.
As for now i strongly advise potential buyers to wait until there are a lot more possitive reactions.

I live in The Netherlands so sending back will cost me a lot of money.
Zenmaster
Greenback

Re: Disapointed with the device

Postby Ingeltje » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:31 am

Join the club! I life in the UK and have 2 non-functioning devices!
Ingeltje
User

Postby Ingeltje » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:42 am

Don't forget to vote and by doing so: let others know the devices are unreliable!
Ingeltje
User

Postby PLXSupport_DF » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:29 am

If you have any issues with the XWave Sonic, please contact support@plxdevices.com for assistance.
PLXSupport_DF
Site Admin

Postby joachim » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:15 am

My XWave Sonic don't seem to work with my iPhone 4 at all. I have emailed support@plxdevices.com about a month ago but they haven't replied.

It may be a that the device is broken, but I read on the forum the people have had problems with the device on iPhone 4 but it worked on e.g. iPod Touch.

Could there be a possibility that a software update may fix the issue? I want to develop my own App but there's no point starting when I can't get the hardware to work at all.
joachim
Greenback

Postby verakot » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:12 am

joachim wrote:My XWave Sonic don't seem to work with my iPhone 4 at all. I have emailed support@plxdevices.com about a month ago but they haven't replied.

It may be a that the device is broken, but I read on the forum the people have had problems with the device on iPhone 4 but it worked on e.g. iPod Touch.

Could there be a possibility that a software update may fix the issue? I want to develop my own App but there's no point starting when I can't get the hardware to work at all.

Did you get your issue resolved?
verakot
User

Postby kriangkrai » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:32 am

I live in Bangkok, Thailand. I just bought the item and have the same problem on PLXWave device both on iPhone and iPad.

It can be connected with "Good" signal but the display is not stable and fluctuated on all parts i.e. Brainwaves, Attention, Meditation (I don't think that my brain is confusing like that !!).

If there is no correction on this issue from PLX, I agree that anyone should not buy it otherwise you will get one more junk in your home !!

PLX, you should have more resposibility on the business and urgently solve this problem for the customers !!
kriangkrai
Greenback

Postby ttocs » Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:53 pm

I am currently waiting on a responce to help me fix the problem with my DM200 on another post. I started the post almost 2 months ago and been disappointed if I can get a responce one time a week from their end.
ttocs
User

Postby PLXSupport_DF » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:19 am

kriangkrai wrote:I live in Bangkok, Thailand. I just bought the item and have the same problem on PLXWave device both on iPhone and iPad.

It can be connected with "Good" signal but the display is not stable and fluctuated on all parts i.e. Brainwaves, Attention, Meditation (I don't think that my brain is confusing like that !!).

If there is no correction on this issue from PLX, I agree that anyone should not buy it otherwise you will get one more junk in your home !!

PLX, you should have more resposibility on the business and urgently solve this problem for the customers !!

Please ensure that the ear clip is securely affixed to you earlobe. Additionally, staying as still as possible will improve the quality of the results.
PLXSupport_DF
Site Admin

Postby Raphael » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:53 am

Device works fine for me.

I red this forum a few days after passing my order and was really afraid that the device won't work... But once I put battery in it, it worked ! :D

I think the visualizer app is clearly misleading, first it's not because you wan't to be focus or act like you are focus that you are focus, second the brainwave are a side effect of your concentration or relaxation etc, therefore you can't really observe the graph in realtime like the commercials seems to pretend because your brain take a certain time (in ms or s) to generate brainwaves from your cerebral activity and then the devices (headset & iphone ) themselves add another delay, I observed a latency of approximately 1,2 or sometimes 3 second between a induced and obvious state of mind and the graphic result.

Now, if you want to be sure your headset works, try this :

Buy the W.I.L.D app : http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/w.i.l.d. ... 87994?mt=8

Go to the "Relax" tutorial game (a blue post-it), be as calm as possible, no muscular tension, and take a profound and quiet breath. After a few second the green square will move toward the right side, if so then contract your muscles and stress your body at the maximum, you will clearly see the green square moving back to the left.
Raphael
User

Postby Raphael » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:56 am

(excuse my english)
Raphael
User

Postby Raphael » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:19 am

On last thing you can also test the nirvana option in the visualizer, the result is quite obvious too.
I did vipassana, and it was blue/green just when I opened my eyes then after 5 second got back to red/purple.
I tried over and over with the same result so it couldn't be a coincidence.
Raphael
User

Postby vermaram » Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:14 am

Disapointed with the device. I don't know if it is hardware or software related. I read that the software would be updated to deal with all the issues but i never seen updates.Thank you :P
seo raleigh
vermaram
Greenback

Postby cndayo » Tue May 01, 2012 3:49 am

Why does the Xwave cannot be detected all the time? I have plug in and on!!! Can I get the refund?
cndayo
Greenback

Postby cndayo » Tue May 01, 2012 3:54 am

I have plug in the headset but it display 'headset not found' !!!! Why???
cndayo
Greenback

Return to XWave