This Board is not an accurate representation of the Xwave!

Moderators: PLXSupport_PM, PLXSupport_DF, PLXSupport_PL, PLXSupport_TO

This Board is not an accurate representation of the Xwave!

Postby Seeward » Fri May 27, 2011 5:36 pm

I purchased my Xwave recently, after several years of research and passionate interest personal brainwave technologies, I was amazed that a product had come to market at such an sfforable price point. I was even so amazed that I was skeptical. I checked out these boards and saw only negative comments and know enough about human nature to know that 1. Some people just do not know how to use certain technologies or have the wrong expectations 2. Satisfied customers rarely go to the support section and post because they are off enjoying their product.

I am writing to say that, after following the included instructions, using the xwave software with the headset on my iPhone 3G, I was able to create an online account and the headset was recognized right away. Either I am blasting out super voltage brainwaves or the device works because it immediately gave me a "good signal" green light and has every time I have used it since. Also for those who have said that the headset and software read the same even when the device is off of their heads, either have a faulty device or are simply lying. My phone reads "off of head" as soon as I remove the device from my head. The software goes into a stable reading that is clearly not a dynamic moving reading of human brain waves.....

Also I tested the accuracy of the readings of the device paired with the free xwave software by playing medical issue brainwave entrainment programs (extended recordings of sounds like relaxing music or nature with Binaural Beat technology embedded within the sounds that are proven to move brain waves to specific frequency bands). I tested the device with Alpha, Theta and Delta wave programs and i set up a ipod touch to record the readings on the programs visualizer and it was able to clearly show that it was accurately reflecting (mostly in the lower left hz bands section) the exact wave bands that the entrainment tracks were designed to move the brain into. For me this was the proof I needed that this device is an accurate reading, although I am still learning plx's labeling for the different things the device is measuring....

All I can say is that if you are curious or passionate about getting into the power of taking control of your own brainwave activity, this Xwave is an affordable and effective device to purchase. I have no idea why this board is not full of more positive reviews but know that not everyone is having problems, on fact if you read the reviews from the media sources on the PLX site, so one is complaining about what is being discussed here....

Any other satisfied users out there who want to connect?

Peace,

Seeward
Seeward
Greenback

Re: This Board is not an accurate representation of the Xwav

Postby Learned Hand » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:10 pm

Mine works with my Verizon iphone 4 :) I looked up what the different brain waves represent, and the headset can tell what I'm doing at a given time. This is speaking broadly of course, since the same brain waves will appear with a lot of different kinds of activities. I can't wait to start making my own apps with it!

My only complaint is that I have a large head, it would be nice if it could adjust more. They appear to have it set up so that it would fit on children's heads snugly, which makes sense as it's mostly a toy, but more space would have been great.
Learned Hand
Greenback

Postby PLXSupport_PM » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:01 am

Appreciate your testimonials! :D
PLXSupport_PM
Site Admin

Postby wilon » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:51 pm

I did not have any problems getting the headset to work with my Iphone 4. I connected perfectly with the Iphone 4. I noticed that it uses the resources of the phone avidly, so I suggest you close any apps that you are not using and that are still running in the background. If you are running other resources hungry apps you may experience problems. I certainly did not have any problems.

However, I would love to be able to download a detailed manual in PDF for the Application.

The application does not really do justice to what this remarkable product is capable of doing. The readings are rather chaotic and I can see how they could give the impression that the headset is not working properly. I have tested it usinh isochronic sounds and it actually does work, but the application is definitely very poor. I am certain that future versions will be smarter and better and I look forward to these. It is a shame that there was little planning vision during the release of this ingenious product. A very poor show so far, but I am sure it will get better.

If anyone know of any workable apps that DO NOT involve scary monsters and flying rabbits please let me know. As it is I am not really able to use the headset for anything worthwhile purpose.
wilon
Greenback

Postby wilon » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:01 pm

Learned Hand wrote:Mine works with my Verizon iphone 4 :) I looked up what the different brain waves represent, and the headset can tell what I'm doing at a given time. This is speaking broadly of course, since the same brain waves will appear with a lot of different kinds of activities. I can't wait to start making my own apps with it!

My only complaint is that I have a large head, it would be nice if it could adjust more. They appear to have it set up so that it would fit on children's heads snugly, which makes sense as it's mostly a toy, but more space would have been great.

Yes I totally agree with the above. Also it would have been smarter to design the headset so that it could have been worn concurrently with over the ear headphones. This could be easily achieved without compromising the efficiency of the headset. An adjustable headset is a must for those who with larger brains :-) So the designers of this product should hire one of those to act as models :-)))
wilon
Greenback

Postby Raphael » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:24 am

I agree too, no problems with the device but app could be a lot better.
Raphael
User

Return to XWave