PLX Installed in a C5 Corvette

Moderators: PLXSupport_PM, PLXSupport_DF, PLXSupport_PL, PLXSupport_TO

PLX Installed in a C5 Corvette

Postby V8_Club » Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:23 am

Hi there,

I just finished installing my PLX R500 in my C5 Corvette. I also installed the same with the optional EGT probe & G sensor. I also tapped into the following sensors :
1- VSS
2- Tach
3- Knock
4- TPS

While I still have to finish the set up procedures ( I'm a bit lazy :lol: ) I have been enjoying the new info coming through. I also have been learning to tune my car with Hp Tuners ( pre insallation tuning was done with the Factory O2 sensors so I was a bit curious on my results ).

Here is a picture of my install :

The output wires are hidden below the passenger carpet. I like the install as it is very clean. When I want to do any tuning ( if i get around to it :P ) I hook up the outputs to my Enhanced I/O unit form Hp tuners via headphone jacks .

Just wanted to share this with you guys.

P.S. While I didn't tune yet , I noticed something when I hooked up with Hp Tuners . ... while the R500 was reading between 14.4~14.8 at idle ( normal i presume as I read somewhere before that the factory O2s keep oscillating between rich/lean at idle to find stoich ) Hp Tuners was reading mid 12s. If my understanding is correct I think I need to configure the wideband output from the R500 until Hp Tuners reads the same ?

Regards,
V8
There is No Replacement for Displacement :P
V8_Club
User

Postby V8_Club » Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:41 pm

Ok I changed the output voltage at .99 lambda but with no success. Hp Tuners kept reading 12.77 while the PLX showed 14.6 . Help Please.

For reference I am using the Light Green Output wire . Using the Formula :
AFR = 2 * Voltage + 10 . Does this mean that the R500 is outputing 1.35 when it should be outputing 2.35 ? How do I correct this ?
V8_Club
User

Postby PLXSupport_PL » Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:03 pm

Check your ground. Make sure both units share the same ground.

Also, you might want to use the congifurable output on the unit.
PL
PLX Engineer
www.plxdevices.com
PLXSupport_PL
Site Admin

Postby V8_Club » Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:47 pm

The ground going into the EIO is from the same location the R500 is grounded to. I just bought a Digital Volt Ohm meter to check the output voltage on the wire. Also I was thinking about this... I have a lot of sound gear in the car with some noise reducers. Do you think this has something to do with the voltage offset ?
V8_Club
User

Postby PLXSupport_PL » Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:41 pm

Your audio equipment should not affect the analog output signals of from the PLX box. It really has no direct relation.

I would check the output voltage with your digital volt meter with respect to ground. If the voltage matches with the AFR readings, then you can rule out the possibility that it's not a problem with the analog output.

The problem then lies in the interface. I would input a known voltage say 2.5V (15AFR) and debug why your 3rd party hardware isn't reading 15AFR properly.

If you can't get a known voltage, disconnect your o2 sensor from the harness. The output from the PLX box should be 2.35V (14.7 AFR).
PL
PLX Engineer
www.plxdevices.com
PLXSupport_PL
Site Admin

Postby V8_Club » Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:41 am

Solved the problem. This is going to sound stupid but I guess I wasn't really clear when I told the guys to install the capacitors. What they did is install the same in-line with the output wires hence the introduced resistance :? . We re-did the same and everything is on the dot. Did a log too. Would anybody be interested to view the same ? I logged the following :

TPS , RPM , Speed , AFR , G Sensor Accel & G sensor Cornering.
V8_Club
User

Postby PLXSupport_PL » Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:42 pm

Excellent! Let's see some of your logs.
PL
PLX Engineer
www.plxdevices.com
PLXSupport_PL
Site Admin

Postby V8_Club » Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:25 pm

Excellent. Here you go :

http://www.corvettekillstories.com/photogallery/albums/V8_Club/Videos/wbscan4.jpg

Just download and rename to .plg . Please let me know what you think.

Regards,
Nabil
V8_Club
User

Postby PLXSupport_PL » Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:37 am

My browser seems to crash when I try downloading the file.

Can you specify the file name just for the *.plg file and the *.dsh file.

The two files need to go hand in hand. Use PKZip
PL
PLX Engineer
www.plxdevices.com
PLXSupport_PL
Site Admin

Postby V8_Club » Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:07 pm

The website I host files in doesn't allow some file extensions. I can email them to you if you want.
V8_Club
User

Return to R-Series Wideband Computers